How do you pick the best tube, bottle, lotion, moisturizer with an infinite number of options to choose from in the market? Body Butters, Body Lotions, Body Oils, etc., are a lot of things to choose from. Aren’t they?
How are body butters, body oils, and body lotions different from each other?
Are they different?
Which one of them is for you?
But don’t you worry, I have all the answers to these questions, sit back and read on 😉 I am going to decipher everything about; Body Butter vs Body Lotion vs Body Oils. As a bonus, I am going to tell you what to use when.
Took me a lot of reading to come up with this blog.
Everything to Know about Body Butters
The texture of body butter is similar to the butter we eat: rich, thick, and creamy. It is the best moisturizing product that doesn’t leave behind a trace of grease.
Ingredients of Body Butters
The best and most effective kind of body butter is made out of natural ingredients and is free of any harmful or chemical substances. Just as those available with us at Kashmirica. We take extreme care in making sure that there are no harmful chemicals in our products which is common in mass brands.
Anyways, the ingredients are.
- Plant products: to achieve the desired consistency, body butters need a base like Cocoa or Shea
- Oils: the base is then paired with some oils like coconut, olive, walnut oil, etc for the ease of spreading
- Others: certain body butters may also include chamomile and lavender essential oils to add some natural fragrance. They also contains vitamin E and vitamin C which are beneficial for your skin
Benefits of Body Butters
- The fatty acids present in Shea and cocoa butter act as a protective layer for your skin
- Body Butters remove premature signs of aging because of the extreme moisturizing effect they have
- Vitamins and antioxidants replenish your skin and make it look younger
- It increases cell growth and tightens your skin
- It melts into your body heat when you apply and blends in quickly. Though it can feel weighty if applied again.
Body butter is a must-have for dry skin people or during winters when your skin is lacking essential moisture and nourishment.
Body Butter works wonders on all skin types. It is filled with antioxidants and vitamins that will benefit your skin health and improve its radiance. It also contains the goodness of Shea butter, Argan Oil, and Coconut oil which will leave your skin feeling nourished and glowing.
Everything to Know About Body Oils
Body oils are luxurious on their own. They do take some massaging to get absorbed into your skin, but they leave behind supple and glowing skin.
Ingredients of Body Oils
- Body oils are purely made of oils
- They don’t have any added water content
- They don’t need emulsifiers or preservatives to be preserved and sustained
- But for an increased shelf life, rosemary extracts and vitamin E are present
- Body oils may contain certain essential oils for fragrance
Benefits of Body Oils
- Body oils feel lighter than body butters but heavier than body lotions
- It penetrates deeper into your skin and gives your intense moisturization and suppleness
- Using it consistently will result in reduced appearance of stretch marks and scars
- In the case of body oils, little goes a long way. You only need a few drops of oil to cover your entire body.
- Body oils also take care of your emotional and mental well being apart from all the exterior glow that they give
Body oils are not just meant for moisturizing. They can be used for massage treatments. They are ideally used after you’ve taken your bath and your skin is damp and warm. To produce the maximum effect, exfoliate your skin before using body oils. Leave it on for a few minutes to seep in.
If you have acne-prone skin before you apply the body oil on your body take a patch test and don’t apply it over sensitive areas and over acne.
Some carrier oils have a non-greasy formula and absorb very quickly, providing nourishment.
Everything to Know About Body Lotions
The main purpose of using body lotion is to bring back the lost hydration of your skin. These lotions have the most lightweight formula that not only treats your skin well but also makes you feel good!
Ingredients of Body Lotions
- The main ingredient is hyaluronic acid which is extremely lightweight, non-oily, and provides intense moisturization
- Essential fatty acids in Shea butter, olive oil, and almond oil lock in the moisture
- Glycerine helps in binding in the moisture
Benefits of Body Lotions
- Our skin is directly exposed to harm from chemicals, sunlight, pollution and so much more. Lotions lock in the moisture in our skin so that it remains hydrated throughout the day and doesn’t turn dry or itchy
- It makes the rough spots soft and supple like elbows, feet, and knees
- Another plus point is that lotions contain anti-aging ingredients which reduce the fine line, wrinkles, and signs of aging
- Compared to body butters and oil, lotions are lightweight and non-greasy
People with oily skin love this product because it provides them intense hydration and is lightweight. It is ideal for usage during hot and humid climates. Use it at night before you go to sleep so that you wake up the next day with fresh and supple skin.
Body Butter vs Body Lotion vs Body Oils, all Clear?
So, I hope you’ve got an understanding of the difference in ingredients and how they can affect the results and comfort. All three have different consistencies and you have a unique experience with each of them. Although there seem to be only tiny differences, they make a huge impact.
Now you’re all set to choose the one which you think will fit you best!
Read Similar Blogs:
- Chocolate Body Wash
- Sandalwood Body Wash
- Lavender Cream
- Papaya Cream
- Coffee Face Wash
- Rose Face Wash
- Charcoal Face Wash
- Honey Face Wash
- Papaya Face Wash
- Lavender Face Wash
- Rose Cream
- Honey Cream
- Silver Cream
- Gold Cream
- Lavender Scrub
- Poppy Seed Scrub
- Charcoal Scrub
- Walnut Scrub
- Honey & Oats Scrub
- Berry & Beetroot Lip Balm
- Beeswax Lip Balm
- Peppermint Lip Balm
- Lavender Soap [Pack of 2]
- Papaya Soap [Pack of 2]
- Honey Soap [Pack of 2]
- Charcoal Soap [Pack of 2]
- Rose Soap [Pack of 2]
- Walnut Soap [Pack of 2]
- Turmeric Soap [Pack of 2]
- Product on saleSaffron Oil₹599.00
- Kalonji Oil₹560.00
- Apricot Scrub [Pack of 2]
- Product on saleAlmond Oil₹450.00
- Product on saleApricot Oil₹650.00
- Product on saleWalnut Oil₹450.00
- Saffron Cream
Mir Saeid is the Growth Hacker of Kashmirica, a brand that is poised to ‘Bring Exclusives from Kashmir to You’. An enthusiastic cultural entrepreneur, he is driven by a passion to bring about a social impact. He has a Masters in International Business from the University of Bedfordshire and has worked in leading Marketing positions at various SMEs and Startups for 8+ years.
Intrigued by the crafts of his birthplace, he decided to bring the art on the Global Connoisseur through the internet. A polyglot who speaks English, Arabic, Urdu & Koshur, Mir loves traveling, reading, writing, and spending time on the cricket field – a passion rekindled just recently.