Dry figs or what we know as anjeer in India aren’t just a treat to the taste buds but also a treat for your entire body. Indians, since long, have known its amazing benefits and have incorporated this superfood in their daily diet. If you want to buy anjeer online, you are at the right place. But first, let us know a little bit about the dry fig.
Figs belong to the Mulberry family and grow on the Ficus trees. These figs, after being dried out, result in anjeer or also known as ‘dried fig’. Dried figs are commonly grown in Kashmir, Afghanistan, the United States, Iran, Spain, Greece and Turkey.
Kashmiri and the Kabuli Variety of dried Figs are considered to be better in quality. But the production in Afghanistan far outnumbers that harvested in Kashmir.
Health Benefits and Nutritional Information of Anjeer / Dry Figs
- Dry fig is rich in nutrients like magnesium, manganese, potassium, copper and calcium.
- They are also quite high in antioxidants.
- Since dried figs are also a good source of fiber, they are quite helpful in weight management.
- Eating dry figs daily is extremely good for your digestion and will boost your digestive health. If you suffer from issues like constipation or indigestion, dry figs are one of the best things that you can have.
- Being a very good source of potassium, eating anjeer also helps in lowering blood pressure. For those suffering from high BP, adding anjeer to diet can be quite beneficial.
- This dry fruit is also very good for your heart health as it helps the heart in multiple ways by lowering the triglycerides, lowering blood pressure and keeping heart diseases away.
- Also a good source of calcium, dried figs are known to promote bone health.
- Dry figs also help boost reproductive health and are known to prevent hormonal imbalances.
- What’s more, dried figs are actually amazing for diabetics as well as eating them helps balance blood sugar levels.
How to eat Anjeer / Dry Figs?
Dry figs are very easy to incorporate in the diet. Having just 1 or 2 of these daily is sufficient. Just soak anjeer overnight in either a little milk or water and have it in the morning. This is the best way to have them after you buy your figs online.
Otherwise, after you buy anjeer online, you can also consume it in other ways. Cut it in small pieces and add them over your cereals. You can also add dry figs to various desserts or just have one anjeer post your meals to satisfy your sweet tooth.
You will find that anjeer price varies when you buy it from different places. A lot of vendors may offer dry fig / anjeer at very low prices. But if you buy ajeer at low prices, you can never expect them to be healthy.
However, when it comes to your health, it is important to choose high-quality foods only. Good quality anjeer price may vary anywhere from Rs. 1600 to Rs. 1800 per kilo. To ensure that you are only buying the best quality, you can buy figs online.
Why buy anjeer online from Kashmirica
You don’t always know how the food that ends up in your house has been grown and harvested. Similarly, for dry figs, many sellers tend to artificially dry figs out and that rips off a lot of its nutrient content.
However, we at Kashmirica, only sell organically grown dried figs that have been sun-dried. We sell only the finest quality anjeer that has been handpicked. Right from the tree, sun-dried, hygienically packed and delivered to your doorstep; it doesn’t get any better than this.