Morel Mushrooms or what are commonly known as Gucchi Mushrooms across the globe are one of the finest varieties of wild mushrooms. At Kashmirica, we only sell organic and naturally grown morels from the forest areas of Kupwara, Kangan and Islamabad. Rare in origin, the taste and prices of morel mushrooms have given it a title ‘Cusine of the Royals”.
Morel Mushrooms have a tremendous medicinal value due to the concentrated presence of Iron, Vitamins D & B apart from their highly antioxidant properties. Gucchi Mushrooms also are known to be rich in proteins and other similar body-building nutrients. These Kashmiri Mushrooms are great in building immunity and also strengthening the liver of a human body. All these give morels a therapeutic nature that helps in reducing the chances of cancer, hypertension, and hyperglycemia.
Rich in taste, and of a musky flavour, gucchi mushrooms cannot be cultivated commercially. The guaranteed natural origin of these mushrooms helps you to take nutrients directly from mother nature.
FAQs on Buying Kashmiri Morel / Gucchi Mushrooms Online
What is Gucchi Mushroom?
Popularly known as ‘Morel Mushrooms’ all across the world and Morchella Esculenta scientifically, ‘Gucchi Mushrooms’ are a variety of wild mushrooms found in the forests of Jammu and Kashmir. They are well-known for their super fine quality, tremendous medicinal values, incredible health benefits and their exorbitant price tag. In fact, the morel mushroom is the most expensive mushroom in India.
Where do these Morel mushrooms grow?
These cannot be cultivated commercially and they grow wildly in areas like Jammu and Kashmir, Kangra valley, Manali and some other parts of Himachal Pradesh. Locally, they are known as ‘guchhi’ or ‘gucchi’.
What do the Gucchi mushroom look and taste like?
These mushrooms are spongy and have a pleated honeycomb-like texture. They are light to medium brown in color as they have been dried after procuring.
As for their taste, the Kashmiri morels have a very unique flavor. They have a very rich taste that can be described as musky, smokey or a little woody and nutty. These mushrooms offer its eater the true ‘gourmet’ experience.
How to use Guchi mushroom?
There are many ways that this mushroom can be used in cooking. These make an excellent addition to any pulao or you can even make a pulao with only gucchi mushrooms and it will taste incredible.
You can also add it to other rice dishes like biryani. Gucchi mushroom is also commonly added to pastas and risottos. Moreover, you can also make a curry or soup out of it. It can basically be added to any recipe that calls for mushrooms.
The guchi mushroom won’t just add an exotic taste to any dish that you add it to but will also give it a wonderful texture.
What are the health benefits of Gucchi mushroom?
- They are a very rich source of Vitamin D and as not many foods are naturally rich in this nutrient, guchi mushrooms are very beneficial. They help with proper absorption of calcium for stronger bones, lower your risk of osteoporosis, diabetes, high blood pressure as well as several other ailments.
- Morel mushrooms are also quite rich in antioxidants and thus, eating them can keep several diseases as well as health problems at bay by preventing the damage caused by free radicals.
- Guchi mushrooms also contain several B vitamins including vitamin B6 and riboflavin.
- Being low on calories and fat, they are also excellent for weight loss.
- These mushrooms are also a very good source of iron, copper, potassium as well as several vitamins.
- Since these mushrooms are also a very good source of fiber, they are good for the digestive system, prevent constipation, keep you fuller for longer and are known to control cholesterol levels.
What is morel mushroom price?
Morels tend to be quite expensive and a kilogram of them may cost you as high as Rs. 35,000 or sometimes even more. That is the reason morel mushrooms also come in smaller packs consisting of only a few grams of it.
Why are Gucchi mushrooms so expensive?
There are various reasons that contribute to the high price tag that these mushrooms carry.
Apart from their amazing health benefits, unique taste and texture, Kashmiri morels are also hard to obtain. Since they cannot be commercially cultivated and grow in only specific areas, they sell at a very high price.
Moreover, obtaining these mushrooms is also quite an arduous task. The laborious process begins sometime around March and continues until the end of May. The villagers/ farmers need to begin their search early in the morning and wander through risky areas to find these mushrooms. There is no specific place as to where the morel mushroom grows as it can grow anywhere in the forests. The mushrooms can grow anywhere and the villagers need to keep a keen eye while looking for them.
All these reasons contribute to a high morel mushroom price.
Where can I buy Guchi mushroom?
Since it is an exotic ingredient, it is not something that you’ll find at your local grocery store. There are few vendors who sell these mushrooms and to get them easily, it would be best to just buy them online.
However, double-check the website before you buy morel mushroom online.
Why should I buy Gucchi mushroom from Kashmirica?
- Kashmiri morels are known for their incredibly amazing taste and flavor and their many benefits.
- Kashmirica, a brand based out of Kashmir, aims to bring to you only the most exclusive goods produced/ harvested or handcrafted here in the valley.
- We offer the finest quality of the most authentic morel mushroom procured right from the wilderness of Kashmir. These mushrooms are then sun-dried to perfection.
- Treat your taste buds with these flavorsome mushrooms- goodness from Kashmir delivered right at your doorstep; it doesn’t get any better than this.
At Kashmirica, we make sure that all our products exactly fit the description we write. We aim to offer unique products, that are authentic and price them honestly. For us, delighting our customers is our prime objective. There might be a slight difference in the color and packaging of products due to variations in display resolutions of individual devices.