- Caraway Seeds
- Improves Digestive Health
- Good for Respiratory Health
- Enhances Skin Tone
- Regulates Blood Sugar
- Strengthens the Heart
- 200 Gram Pack
If you are looking for high-quality authentic shahi jeera online then you have arrived at the right place. If you are wondering why Kashmirica is the right place to buy shahi zeera or black zeera online, you have the right question too.
At Kashmirica, we sell 100% organically grown authentic spices online. We will tell you more about it but let us tell you more about our shahi jeera first.
What is Shahi Jeera?
Shahi jeera, shahi zeera or black zeera is a commonly used Indian spice also known by the name of ‘caraway seeds’. With Carum carvi as its scientific name, the plant is native to Asia, Europe and South Africa.
Even though shahi jeera is similar in appearance to cumin, it is actually quite different. The shahi zeera is not as widely consumed as cumin or just jeera and the two aren’t a replacement for each other. Their uses in cooking are also quite different. While cumin/ jeera is used in tempering or cooking everyday vegetables, shahi zeera/ caraway is used in recipes like pulaos and biryanis or for making masalas or spice mixes like garam masala. Apart from savory recipes, black zeera is also commonly used in sweet dishes, mostly baked goods like biscuits, breads or cookies.
As compared to cumin, caraway seeds are longer in size, darker in color and have about five stripes running lengthwise on their surface. Also as compared to jeera or cumin, caraway seeds or black zeera have a lighter fragrance and aroma. On the other hand, caraway seeds or shahi zeera has a stronger flavor as compared to the normal jeera.
The flavor profile of these seeds can be described as something woody and warm. They are also smoother to touch as compared to jeera or cumin seeds.
However, shahi jeera has immense medicinal properties. Due to this, it is used very commonly in medicines along with having use in cooking.
Hope this answered your doubts on "What is shahi jeera?"
Shahi Jeera Benefits
- Black zeera is rich in many health benefitting nutrients including fiber, iron, copper, potassium, calcium, several flavonoid antioxidants and a lot more.
- Being a very good source of fiber, caraway seeds are very beneficial for digestive health. Having carminative properties, it can help with issues like bloating, constipation or flatulence.
- Shahi jeera has some amazing properties that can help reduce the LDL or the bad cholesterol levels.
- Black zeera has antibacterial, astringent, antispasmodic, stimulant as well as sedative properties.
- The spice is also effective in treating skin conditions such as eczema, dry skin and psoriasis.
- Shahi jeera benefits also include benefits for women like easing menstrual cramps, improving prenatal health in pregnant women, helpful for lactating mothers for improving milk production and also known for enhancing reproductive health.
- This spice is also beneficial for the heart and is believed to boost cardiovascular health.
- It is also good for diabetics as it is known to control the blood sugar levels.
- Being a very good source of antioxidants, shahi zeera helps in fighting off and preventing the damage caused by the harmful free radicals to the body. Hence, it also protects the body from infections, cancers and ageing.
Uses of Shahi Jeera
- Use the whole spice in rice dishes like biryani and pulao.
- It is an essential ingredient for making spice powder mixes like garam masala, biryani masala, chole masala and goda masala.
- It is also used in baked goods like breads, biscuits as well as cookies.
- Several curry-based dishes also ask for shahi zeera.
- Black jeera soaked in a glass of water is a very effective remedy for indigestion and related issues.
- It is also an effective remedy for treating respiratory issues like cough and bronchitis.
- Shahi zeera also finds many other medicinal uses and it is a common ingredient in traditional medicines as well as in mouthwash and gargle preparations as a flavoring agent.
Shahi Jeera Price
Shahi jeera tends to be expensive as compared to regular jeera or cumin. A pack of 200 grams of this spice will cost you anywhere up to 800 INR, depending upon the brand and the quality of the spice.
Buy 100% Authentic and Organic Shahi Jeera from Kashmirica
If you are looking for superior quality black zeera, Kashmirica is your place to buy it. At Kashmirica, we have pledged to sell the most authentic Kashmiri products and our vast catalogue also consists of a variety of the most genuine, high-quality organic spices.
Kashmiri shahi zeera is known for its rich taste as well as smell. Add a distinct flavor to your favorite recipes and enjoy not just its taste but also its amazing benefits with Kashmirica’s shahi jeera.
Sourced from the finest spice farms, checked for quality, hygienically packed and delivered right to you- buying shahi jeera cannot get any better than this.